Fort Collins Bankruptcy and Family Law Firm Fighting for Your Family and Your Future
An accomplished and caring attorney helping families in Larimer County with financial and family problems
Since 2009, Fort Collins families facing bankruptcy, divorce and other difficult situations have turned to my firm, Rupp-Zimmerman Law, P.C., for help. I am Jacob S. Rupp-Zimmerman, and draw upon my comprehensive knowledge of the law and courtroom procedure to be a tireless advocate — for individuals dealing with bankruptcy and for families in turmoil over divorce and other family law matters.
Explaining the unexplainable to my clients
I maintain a relaxed atmosphere in my office to put my clients at ease and to help clarify the often confusing web of terms that are part of bankruptcy and family law. While I take pride in offering personal, caring service, I'm prepared to aggressively deal with any legal situation that may arise. Among the skills I use on your behalf are an:
- Extensive financial background — I hold a Master of Laws degree in taxation, which informs my counsel in helping you take care of tax debts in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy. It also helps in your divorce case, because I am better equipped than most attorneys to determine if your spouse is hiding assets.
- Established courtroom experience — I have built a thorough knowledge of courtroom procedure, which has led to good working relationships with local judges and magistrates and to work quickly to resolve your case.
- Keen knowledge of emerging legal trends — I keep abreast of new developments in litigation and court decisions, especially those in family law and the emerging area of psychological parent cases. Among these laws are the Uniform Child-Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act and the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act. Both are vital in cases involving child support or child custody.
When bankruptcy, divorce or any other family crises arise, you can find compassionate counsel from me, Jacob S. Rupp-Zimmerman. I use my knowledge and experience to help you remain rational during an emotionally difficult time.
Managing your most stressful legal crises with confidence
As your advocate, I make a firm commitment to your situation, recognizing that the state of your family and your finances are crucial to maintaining a balance in your life. That's why I have spent years offering compassionate counsel in these areas:
- Bankruptcy — I handled many Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies and can counsel you on which type of bankruptcy — if either — would best suit your situation.
- Divorce — There are many variable elements to divorce cases, including paternity, child support and custody, alimony, and modifications. I studied the many complex laws in these areas while representing countless divorcing couples.
- Military divorce — As I've built my practice, I've represented Fort Collins families in the difficult circumstances of military divorce and the relatively new area of same-sex dissolutions and separations.
Regardless of your circumstances, I am here to serve you and your loved ones when you're forced to deal with a family legal matter or financial troubles. I know the law, and I know how I can best help you.
To solve your legal issues, get in touch with my Fort Collins family law and bankruptcy firm
If you need legal help with a family matter or bankruptcy, call Rupp-Zimmerman Law, P.C. for a consultation at 970.672.1901 or contact my firm online. My office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 8 a.m. through noon, and Saturday/Sunday by appointment only. I return calls within 24 hours and make home and hospital visits. The office is close to Larimer County Courthouse, and there is garage parking with the first hour free.